Please read the terms for Platinium Group Insurance Policy & understand the conditions before your purchase. Note that this insurance policy is intended as an assurance during a defined time period: from the purchase of your ticket up until 10 days before the event. This insurance does not cover incidents happening within 9 days before the event or incidents happening during the event itself.
The purpose of this POLICY is to insure the risks defined below. The coverage is specified in Article 2 "Nature of the POLICY." The subscription to this Insurance Policy is not obligatory, and thus, if non-coverage is wished, it may simply be removed on the checkout page at the time of booking.
ARTICLE 1 - DEFINITIONS
INSUREE: any individual person or persons subscribing to the Insurance Policy when purchasing his/her ticket.
EVENT COVERED: any sporting event, where the corresponding tickets come under a subscription to the Insurance Policy.
SERIOUS ILLNESS: any serious** deterioration in health, as stated by a doctor of medicine, implying that the affected is unable to participate in any professional or other activities, unable to travel and require appropriate treatment.
SERIOUS ACCIDENT: any non-intentional damage to the victim, stemming from a sudden action triggered by external factors, as clarified by a doctor of medicine and implying that the affected is unable to participate in any professional or other activities, unable to travel and require appropriate treatment.
IMMEDIATE FAMILY: refers to mother, father, sister, brother, children or spouse.
ARTICLE 2 – NATURE OF THE POLICY
Platinium Group shall compensate the insured up to 80% of the price of the event ticket, within a ceiling of maximum 550€ incl. VAT per ticket for the event covered. The maximum coverage per event and per claim is 1500€. The insurance coverage is valid only if the insured is unable to attend the show following the occurrence of one of the following events (the coverage is not valid for any other reason):
- Serious accident, serious illness or death of the insured or an immediate family member, see article 1 for definitions, occurring at the latest 10 days before the show covered;
- Non-distribution or late distribution of the ticket by DHL, making it impossible for the insured to attend the event (only applicable when the delivery method selected is shipping). On the condition that the invoice and a copy of the reason for the non-distribution by DHL is provided and on the express condition that the date of dispatch was respected by DHL. Platinium Group reserves the right to exercise any recourse against DHL unless the unforeseeable, irresistible and external nature of the event causing the cover to be activated is proven. In any case, it is the client's responsibility to provide correct address information.
ARTICLE 3 – EXCLUSIONS
All events not indicated in Article 2 "Nature of the POLICY" are excluded. In addition, the policy is not valid under the following circumstances:
- A fact that is known by the insured at the time of purchasing the ticket(s) and thus subscribing to the Insurance Policy.
- Illness or accident occurring prior to the purchase of the ticket for the event covered.
- Psychological, mental or depressive illnesses without hospitalisation or with hospitalisation for less than 3 days.
- Any intentional misuse of this insurance coverage, regardless of a specific time before or after the event.
- Cancellation of the event covered due to the event organiser.
- Loss, theft or delibarate destruction of tickets.
- DHL non-distribution as a result of a mistake within the address details provided by the client (only applicable when the delivery method selected is shipping).
- In case the event features electronic tickets (e-tickets): from the date the electronic ticket has been uploaded to the client’s account, the insurance is not valid.
ARTICLE 4 – CLAIMS PROCEDURE
The insured must declare his/her claim by registered letter to "Platinium Group Attn.: INSURANCE COVER 2, Rue du Gabian – 98000 MONACO" within 5 days of discovering the event activating the cancellation and must send the following documents by post at the cost of the client, for validation by us.
- In the event of illness or accident: medical certificate specifying the origin, nature and consequences of the illness or the accident and the duration of the sick leave or temporary incapacity to work;
- In the event of death: a copy of the death certificate;
- In the event of a road accident: a copy of the accident statement or claim form sent to the insured;
- In the event of non-distribution of the ticket by DHL making it impossible for the insured to attend the event: an official document signed by DHL justifying the grounds of non-distribution and a copy of the invoice (only applicable when the delivery method selected is shipping).
In all cases, the insured must send Platinium Group the unused ticket for the event covered, together with its voucher (if applicable). The insurer reserves the right to request any supporting documents from the insured necessary to handle the case. As a matter of urgency, the Insured will also send an email to the dedicated Platinium Group email address: [email protected] advising of the incident leading to the cancellation request within maximum 48 hours after discovering the event activating the cancellation. Platinium Group shall review all documents provided by the client within 45 days after reception of the case by post.
ARTICLE 5 – LIMITATION OF POLICY
Platinium Group shall compensate the insured up to 80% of the price of the event ticket, within a ceiling of maximum 550€ incl. VAT per ticket for the event covered.
The maximum coverage per event and per claim is 1500€. See further limitations in form of exclusions under Article 2.
ARTICLE 6 – EFFECT AND DURATION OF THE POLICY
The Insurance Policy is valid only for the specific event covered, excluding any other seasonal or yearly recurring editions of the same event.
The cover takes effect on the day the ticket for the event covered is purchased and expires 10 days before the start of the event covered.
Any incident acting as a base for the claim can only occur 10 days or more before, as indicated in Section 2. For example, if the incident occurs 9 days before the event, the insurance is no longer valid.
It the event features electronic tickets (e-tickets) the insurance is valid only until your e-ticket has been uploaded to your account, or up to 10 days before the start of the event as indicated above.
Please note, for clarification, that according to this policy, the insurance is NOT valid for any incidents occurring during the event itself. For further information of procedures relating to a cancelled event or Force Majeure, please see Article 9 in our Terms & Conditions.
ARTICLE 7 – GOVERNING LAW
Any dispute arising hereunder or in any way relating to the Insurance Policy shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Principality of Monaco.
**Serious referring to an identifiable deterioration subject to medical proof, i.e. medical certificate. Cases are to be determined on an individual basis.
For more information, please call +377 93 25 47 79.
Please note that this document was written in English. To the extent any translated version of this document conflicts with its English version, the English version takes precedence.